Κυριακή 14 Μαρτίου 2010

Oh No... Not Alkaios!


... is exactly what I said when I heard that this song was chosen to represent Greece in Eurovision this year:

First of all, let me just clarify that I cuckoo Eurovision fans who know what size shirt Saki wore to the finals last year. I don't think it's culturally important, as a competition, either, and I definitely think that the public TV station spends WAAAAYYY too much money on it.

But, I still watch it, because I find it amusing.

This year, I liked that ERT considered several artists who were (the majority) not big stars. I also liked that these artists were very different from each other. I can't say I loved the songs presented, but I did think that Alkaios' "Opa" was one of the worst.

It is a typical tsiftetelodaxtiridi Greek Eurovision song, with music that sounds like a million other songs that Alkaios has sung and with lyrics that are also super predictable and a big fat "Opa" to top everything off.

This song will not even get through the semi-finals. Not that winning is a big deal either. Despite that, I would like to see some originality in this singing competition.

As for the rest of the songs that were competing with "Opa"...

Polemao (Giorgos Karadimos) - It bored me so much I actually started nodding...

Illusion (Christos Hatzinasios) - This is the one I liked out of the bunch.

Game of Life (Second Skin) - This girl could not sing live. And what's up with "Let's play this game of life Ha ha ha" ?

H Kivotos tou Noe (Manos Pirovolakis) - Initially it's not bad, but the rapper and the girl's bad English accent bothered me. And then it gets confusing. Does it want to be a Greek song? An R&B song? A traditional Cretan song?

Kinezos (Melisses) - I thought it was kind of funky, but it's in Greek and no one will get the quirky lyrics that are supported by the music.

Touch Me Deep Inside (Emigre) - Wow, this song was just so typical of Eurovision, complete with the dancy music and retarded lyrics. Who says, "touch me deep inside"?

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου