Τρίτη 7 Ιουλίου 2009

Greece: Things I Love - Things I Hate

Things I love:

- Summer and everything that comes along with: tanning by the beach, clubs, bars, nice taverna food, coffee time all day long. The climate is great and with the right parea you can have an unforgettable vacation.

- Greeks don't take everything so seriously. You'll probably never hear any Greek saying: "I need to search deep within my soul and find out who I really am" or "Why doesn't anyone love me? I just wanna be happy!" Drama, drama, drama

- Deadlines are never absolute. Time and space are very flexible concepts here.

- Family is your biggest support network. You've got the yiayia to look after the kids and the uncle who knows someone up high to get you a good job. There's a meson (connection) for everything.

Things I hate:

- Public services!! Especially the older public employees are miserable, rude, and make it their mission to avoid helping you as much as possible. They seriously have to get yelled at to get things accomplished for you.

- Greeks are so impatient it's beyond irritating. Whether it's the annoying person cutting in line, the grandma pushing you in church to get to the antidoro, or the inconsiderate driver that's flashing his headlights and tailgating you so that you can move over for him to pass you.

- Most news programs. Really how many different features can you have on the same thing? How many people can you bring to the studio so they can argue with each other to the point where you just hear a buzzzzz on TV?


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου