Παρασκευή 1 Ιανουαρίου 2010

BitterSweet New Year's Resolution. Happy 2010!

Every year we feel like there's a chance for a new beginning. So we give and receive wishes for health, bliss, prosperity and so on, to jump-start the year positively. We also make promises to ourselves (only to break them as soon as the holiday spirit evaporates). This year...

I will

... remember that perception is everything in human relationships. What's right for me, may be wrong or irrelevant for others. So, I will be more flexible and forgive more easily (because some things just can't be forgotten). I'll even forgive Giorgaki for almost doubling my car tax this year, but I definitely won't forget his promise to return the money next year!

... value the things I have and stop fretting over the things I don't have, because no matter how many good things or moments life brings me, I just keep wanting more. It's human nature.

... make my guy do more housework and I'll work more hours, because according to research, both guarantee more and great sex for the couple (tanea.gr)!

... think long and hard before planning a trip to Thessaloniki now that the Tempi are going to be closed for at least 3 months! That means an extra hour if you go through Agia, and two extra hours if you take the bus.

... keep hoping for a change in the educational system in Greece, because unless that changes drastically, nothing will ever change for the better in this country. Schools are collapsing both literally and metaphorically, breeding the next generation of citizens who learn to not care about anything, because the prospects for a better job and life are close to nil (unless you have the right "connection"). Currently, the "lifelong university students" (also known as αιώνιοι φοιτητές), those students who have been enrolled in a university for over a decade, are more than those regularly enrolled (troktiko.blogspot.com)!

... call people more often because OTE is reducing it's prices (kathimerini.gr), but any money saved will probably be spent on grocery shopping, because the prices there just keep going up. Greece has biggest percentage increase in Europe in many services and products (kathimerini.gr).

... have a good time and stop worrying about what others may say. Try it. It's great!



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου